Sunday 21 June 2015

The Janeite Tag

Edit: I recieved this tag a shockingly long time ago - it's finally here!]

My sister, Elizabethany, tagged me 
for the Janeite Tag. Thanks, Beth!

[
I love this picture. 

The Rules:
~Thank and link back to the person who tagged you.
~Tell how you were introduced to Jane Austen and share one fun fact about your Janeite life (this fun fact can be anywhere from "I stayed up all night reading Emma," to "I visited Chawton and met Anna Chancellor.").
~Answer the tagger's questions.
~Write seven questions of your own.
~Tag as few as one or as many as seven other Janeites and let them know you've tagged them.

I was introduced to Jane Austen via my first viewing of P&P95 at about age 10. Since then I have read P&P, Northanger Abbey, and most of S&S and parts of Emma. 

Janeite Fun-fact: I plan to attend an English Country Dance in October; at another dance we danced a version of the dance Lizzy dances with Mr. Collins in P&P95. (My sister nick-named it "The Collins Caper"!)

Elizabethany's questions:

1. Who is your least favourite Jane Austen character and why?
That's a hard one. Maybe Willoughby or Wickham. Because they're both villains. But Willoughby more, because he broke Marianne's heart. :(

2. Where would you rather live: Pemberley or Donwell Abbey?
Probably Pemberley.
"I do not think I have ever seen a house more prettily situated." - Lizzy, P&P95

3. Which is your favourite of Austen's books?
I actually quite like Northanger Abbey

4. If you could choose to invite 3 Jane Austen characters for tea, who would you choose and why?
Emma Woodhouse and Lizzy Bennet, because they're my two favourite Austen heroines, and Mr. Knightley, because he's one of my favourite Austen heroes. (And he's really funny)

5. If you were one of Austen's heroines, where would you choose to spend the summer: Bath, London, or Brighton?
London. I would LOVE to go to London!

6. Who do you think are the most sensible parents in Austen's novels?
I think Mr. & Mrs. Morland, from the ones I've read of.

7. Do you 'ship' any of the minor characters from the books/movies?
My sister and I once jokingly shipped Caroline Bingley and Officer Saunderson from P&P95!
And my sister invented Mr. Collin's cousin for Mary Bennet!


I am tagging whoever wants to do it :)

My questions for them:
1. How many of Austen's novels have you read?
2. Which Austen film do you like best?
3. Mr. Darcy or Mr. Knightley?
4. If you could visit either Jane Austen's house at Chawton, or the set of Pemberley in Pride & Prejudice, which would you chose?
5. Which is your favourite Austen quote?
6. If you could cast anyone to play Mr. Darcy in a dream cast Pride & Prejudice, who would it be?
7. Which Austen film costume is your favourite?


No comments:

Post a Comment