Wednesday 25 March 2015

The Bookshelf Tag

The Bookshelf Tag~Created by Natalie of Raindrops on Roses and Whiskers on Kittens

Describe your bookshelf (or wherever it is you keep your books-it doesn't actually have to be a shelf!) and where you got it from:
I usually keep my books lined up on top of my drawers, though at the moment my sister and I have moved out of our room temporarily so we can (hopefully) do renovation. I have no idea they came from, though!

Do you have any special or different way of organizing your books?
No. I love Naomi's idea for organizing by colour, though!

What's the thickest (most amount of pages) book on your shelf?
The copy of Les Miserables I have out of the library at the moment.

What's the thinnest (least amount of pages) book on your shelf?
Wow, I don't know. I'll have to have a look.

Is there a book you received as a birthday gift?
Yes, Legend Led, by Amy Le Feuvre. I got it for my 6th or 7th birthday - I don't think I've even read it all!

What's the smallest (height and width wise) book on your shelf?
Probably the tiny baby album with photos of me and my older sister as babies.

What's the biggest (height and width wise) book on your shelf?
Well, the tallest book I own would be the Encyclopedia of the Future (a technology book), and the widest would be Les Miserables.

Is there a book from a friend on your shelf?
I don't think so.

Most expensive book?
Wow. Um, I have no idea.....most of them I either was given, won, or bought second hand, so I don't know.

The last book you read on your shelf?
The Third Door, by Emily Rodda, and Cannibal Adventure by Willard Price (it's not as bad as it sounds, I wrote about his series here) :), both of which I am currently reading.
       
Of all the books on your shelf, which was the first you read?
Whoa. I think the first book I owned was Sir Gibbie , a book I got when I was younger,  for Sunday School.


Do you have more than one copy of a book?
I don't think so, no.

Do you have the complete series of any book series?
No.

What's the newest addition to your shelf?
Of  my own, Persuasion - I got it at the reading program at the library - I've gotten about a dozen or so books from there over the last few years.


What book has been on your shelf FOREVER?
My Bible - it's over 7 years old.

What's the most recently published book on your shelf?
Again, probably the above copy of Persuasion - that version was printed just last year. Otherwise, probably The Forgotten Pearl, an Australian WWII story, which was first published 2012/2013.

The oldest book on your shelf (as in, the actual copy is old)?
A second-hand Willard Price book, not sure which one it is.

A book you won?
Wow, um any of the ones I got for the library reading program, does that count?? These include three Willard Price, Persuasion, The Forgotten Pearl, Kezzie's War, and others.

A book you'd hate to let out of your sight (aka a book you never let someone borrow)?
Don't know.

Most beat up book?
They're actually all in pretty good nick - maybe one of the second-hand ones, like the collection of horse stories.

Most pristine book?
Persuasion, it's the newest.

A book from your childhood?
Legend Led.

A book that's not actually your book?
Les Miserables (which is almost my book; it's a library book, but it's in the stack, and no one else ever gets it out.)

A book with a special/different cover (e.g. leather bound, soft fuzzy cover etc.)?
Um, my Bible has a blue carry sort of cover with a pocket.

A book that is your favorite color?
Aforementioned cover is blue, or The Forgotten Pearl is green. (My two favourite colours.)

Book that's been on your shelf the longest that you STILL haven't read?
Probably Nobody's Girl, another Sunday School one I never found very interesting.

Any signed books?
No. :(

Thankyou Natalie, for that lovely tag! Feel free to do it yourself - if you follow my link to her post up top you can scroll to the bottom of her post and copy the questions. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment