Sunday 4 January 2015

Blogger Recognition Award

Awards make me happy! :)


I have been tagged for the Blogger Recognition Award by my sister Beth.
Thanks Beth!
The tag was originated at Edge of Night.

RULES
+ Select 15 blogs to nominate
+ Thank the person who nominated you
+ Give a brief story of how your blog got started and a piece or two of advice for new bloggers. 
+ Attach the award
+ Comment on each nominee's blog and let them know that you've nominated them
Provide a link to the original post on Edge of Night (link above)


HOW MY BLOG GOT STARTED



Here's a brief history of my blogging journey:

I started blogging jointly with my sister on "Notebook for Girls", but a while after that blogspot changed to blogger (or something like that), so I started my own blog after that.

I started blogging on my blog A Bonus Discipula in 25th March 2011.
Originally it was just a general blog, then I created this blog.

My first post on this blog, when it was named "Jane Austen Mad" was on the 5th of June 2012.

Since then, it has been "Jane Austen & Her Kind", since I no longer posted about just Jane Austen.


This year, I re-named it "Period Drama &c." which is a bit broader again.
I have also created a couple of other blogs in the past that were not so successful.


This is my main blog.

ADVICE FOR NEW BLOGGERS

~Write what you love, and give the blog a name and look you love.
~Think about your target audience.
~Everyone loves pictures, right? I love GIFs too :).
~Find a style that suits you - some people (like me) don't do long detailed posts. Mine tend to be ramblings, but that's okay.
~Check out blogs you love and think about why you love them - pick ideas from people who are experienced.
~Have fun!

I can't think of 15 people without tagging everyone I know who's already done it!
So, I am tagging:

Violet
Anne-girl
Petie 
Jess












Random gif of Jehan because I'm weird and Jehan is cool.







No comments:

Post a Comment